Summer is a great time to visit Canada - and a great time to improve your English skills! English for Success (EFS) is a 4-week program designed to help you improve your English, live and study in a Canadian university, and make new friends from around the world!
EFS is designed for:
- individuals aged 18 and older interested in improving their English skills in speaking, listening, and writing
- students from foreign universities looking for a short-term summer English program in a large Canadian university environment
- working professionals looking for a short-term English language program to improve their presentation and communication skills
EFS offers many unique features:
- 100 hour intensive program (25 hours per week) in communication skills for students whose native language is not English
- 4 levels from high beginner to advanced
- professional instruction and individual attention from experienced TESL-certified instructors
- courses on Presentation Skills (10 hours per week), Listening and Speaking (5 hours per week), Integrated Skills (10 hours per week)
- final assessment and achievement report
- a certificate from Renison English Language Institute at the University of Waterloo
EFS + Immersion Experience
Live in spacious double rooms with weekly housekeeping service, economical laundry facilities and a nutritious meal plan. Benefits include:
- shared facilities and meals with other students
- program assistants help you practise English every day
- wireless internet
Please note the minimum age to live in residence is 18.
Watch the Renison Residence video tour:
To learn more about residence, visit the Renison University College residence website.
Your residence option also includes planned trips and activities to some of the most exciting tourist destinations in southern Ontario! Some of the attractions include:
- Downtown Toronto
- Niagara Falls
- Local tourist destinations in Waterloo
Check out the sample activities and trips schedule and watch this video on the EFS Immersion Experience to see what your summer could be like in Waterloo!
|June||June 3 - June 28, 2019||Registration open|
|July||July 1 - July 26, 2019||Registration open|
|August||July 29 - August 23, 2019||Registration open|
Sample class schedule
EFS students receive 25 hours of classes per week in presentation skills, listening and speaking skills, and integrated skills.
Sample schedule of EFS student
|9:00-11:30||Integrated Skills||Integrated Skills||Integrated Skills||Integrated Skills||Listening and Speaking|
|Presentation Skills||Presentation Skills||Listening and Speaking||Presentation Skills||Presentation Skills|