Students paying their fees from outside of Canada should use the GlobalPay for Students bank to bank transfer method.
Before making your payment, please review the cancellation and deferral policy for your program.
GlobalPay for Students (preferred payment method)
The preferred payment process for an international student to pay their student fees from outside of Canada is through Western Union's GlobalPay for Students. This option allows you to pay your student fees in the currency of your choice in an efficient and inexpensive manner.
Please note that this payment option is not available to students who would like to pay from a Canadian dollar bank account.
You will need your application ID number from the English Language Institute. When you submit an application form, we will email you your application ID number. If you did not receive one, please contact email@example.com
Step by Step Instructions
For detailed step-by-step instructions, please see the Western Union GlobalPay for Students (PDF) information sheet.
Step 1: Student Verification
Navigate to the GlobalPay for Students website and enter your details.
Step 2: Select Payment Option
Select items you wish to pay for then select the payment option. Due to banking regulations, not all currencies are available. If your home currency isn't offered, you can pay in another currency such as U.S. Dollars.
Step 3: Enter Payment Details
Enter the details of the person making the payment and select the language you would like to receive the payment instructions in.
Note: You may need to temporarily allow pop-ups on your computer in order to view the payment instructions.
Step 4: Obtain Payment Instructions
Print your payment instructions and complete your payment at your bank or with online banking using the printed instructions.
If you are unable to make a payment using GlobalPay for Students, please email Brenda Doyle, Accounting Manager, for assistance or to get wire transfer instructions.
Payment by certified cheque, money order, or bank draft
- Payment may be made by certified cheque, money order, or bank draft made payable to Renison University College. Please include your student number and name on the certified cheque/money order/bank draft.
- Payments should be mailed to:
Renison University College
240 Westmount Rd N
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G4
- Payments should be mailed to:
- Renison is not responsible for mail service. If your payment is received after the due date, a late fee will be charged to your student account.
- Certified cheques, money orders, and bank drafts may also be submitted in-person to Renison's Main Reception Office.
Payment online by credit card
Online credit card payments are accepted for application fees and tuition deposits only.
If you have already applied for a Renison ELI program and would like to pay your application fee and tuition deposit(s) online by credit card, please email the Renison ELI Office to request an online credit card invoice for your fees.
Payment in-person at Renison
- Students already in the Waterloo area may choose to pay their fees in-person at Renison University College using cash or an Interac-branded debit card.
- Visa and Mastercard payments are also accepted in-person at Renison, but a 2% convenience charge will apply to all Visa and Mastercard transactions (including Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit).
- Payments can be made in-person at the Renison's Main Reception Office, which is open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Please also note that the Main Reception office closes at 3 PM every Friday before a holiday weekend.