The Environment and Business program is Canada’s only program that integrates environment with business and also provides the practical benefits of co-op. You’ll learn to develop green businesses and help companies reduce their environmental footprint.
The Environment and Business program in Canada has graduated more than 175 professionals. Examples of jobs our graduates have:
- Environment and Business Process Analyst, Hewlett-Packard
- Operations Environment Health and Safety, Sanofi-Pasteur
- Environmental Consultant, URS Consulting
- Environment, Health and Safety Administrator, Research in Motion
- Environmental Compliance Coordinator, Walmart Canada
- Sustainability Coordinator, Frito Lay Canada
- Environmental Scientist, AECOM (engineering and consulting)
- Environmental Services & Approvals, Hydro One
Working in Canada
There are more than 1,200 part-time or summer jobs right on-campus, that may help you become familiar with Canada and its people.
Further, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has created a new program that allows full-time international students to work off-campus. The work permit allows you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and up to 40 hours per week during regular breaks such as winter or summer holidays.
For more information about eligibility and to apply for an off-campus workpermit, visit study permits: off-campus work on the government of Canada website.
Upon graduation, students can work full time in Canada for up to two years — gaining more professional experience and earning a Canadian salary. You may also apply for permanent residence status, and apply for University of Waterloo master programs after graduation.