Important: Deferral requests will be accepted throughout the summer. The form will close August 14, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. ET.
We highly recommend that you do not submit a deferral form unless you are absolutely sure you will not be able to join us for the fall 2021 term.
Deferrals will be approved within 2 weeks of receiving the request as long as all grades have been received and conditions have been met.
- Use this form to request to defer your Offer of Admission to the University of Waterloo:
- You must be a student pursuing undergraduate studies.
- You must have accepted your Offer of Admission through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) website by the stated deadline.
- Complete all required fields on the form. Please refer to your Offer letter when necessary.
- You may not pursue college or university studies during the deferral period. You may take high school courses for personal interest.
- You will not be required to reapply through OUAC if your deferral is approved. Your decision will be communicated via email with instructions on how to accept your new offer on Quest for fall 2022.
- You are only able to submit the form once.
- All Waterloo undergraduate programs are eligible for a deferral to fall 2022, we do not allow deferrals for the winter or spring entry points. Some exceptions apply, see below.
- iBASE: Students with a condition of completing iBASE on their Offer of Admission are not eligible for a deferral.
- Doctor of Optometry (OD): The School of Optometry and Vision Science does not defer an Offer of Admission for the OD program. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD): The School of Pharmacy may, under very exceptional circumstances, consider deferring an Offer of Admission for the PharmD program to a future entry point. For further information, contact email@example.com.
- Conditional Admission to Pharmacy (CAP): The School of Pharmacy does not defer an Offer of Admission for CAP status. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW): The School of Social Work may, under very exceptional circumstances, consider deferring an Offer of Admission for the BSW program to a future entry point. For further information, contact email@example.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about completing this form.