Important: Deferral requests will be accepted throughout the summer. We highly recommend that you do not submit a deferral form unless you are absolutely sure you will not be able to join us for the fall 2020 term. Deferrals will be approved within 2 weeks of receiving the request IF all grades have been received and conditions have been met.
Submission deadline: August 14 at 4 p.m.
- Use this form to request to defer your Offer of Admission to the University of Waterloo:
- You must be a student pursuing undergraduate studies.
- You must have accepted your Offer of Admission through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) website by the stated deadline.
- Complete all required fields on the form. Please refer to your Offer letter when necessary.
- You will not be required to reapply through OUAC if your deferral is approved.
- Submit the form once only.
Deferral options based on entry program
|Deferral can be considered for||The following programs will accept requests for deferrals to start your studies during the indicated term|
|January 2021 (winter term)||
|May 2021 (spring term)||
|September 2021 (fall term)||
All Waterloo undergraduate programs (except for Faculty of Mathematics programs); additional exceptions are listed below.
- Doctor of Optometry (OD): The School of Optometry and Vision Science does not defer an Offer of Admission for the OD program. For further information, contact email@example.com.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD): The School of Pharmacy may, under very exceptional circumstances, consider deferring an Offer of Admission for the PharmD program to a future entry point. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conditional Admission to Pharmacy (CAP): The School of Pharmacy does not defer an Offer of Admission for CAP status. For further information, contact email@example.com.
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW): The School of Social Work may, under very exceptional circumstances, consider deferring an Offer of Admission for the BSW program to a future entry point. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
iBASE: Students with a condition of completing iBASE on their Offer of Admission may, under very exceptional circumstances, be granted a deferral to a future entry point. For further information, contact email@example.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about completing this form.