The University of Waterloo is pleased to receive applications from excellent Chinese students who will be applying for China Scholarship Council (CSC) doctoral scholarships.
China graduate student application information
- Minimum admission requirements include an 80% standing overall. Certification of English language proficiency (ELP) through one of the accepted examinations is required.
- NEW: Review the 2019 China Scholarship Council Guide for Chinese citizens to study abroad.
- Contact China Scholarship Council for scholarship information and assistance.
- Note: The funding offered to you in an offer of admission will be contingent on your successful application for a CSC Scholarship.
Applying to Waterloo
- Within the Other Information section of the graduate online application, under International Agreements, choose your sponsorship agreement from the drop-down menu.
- If your scholarship agreement is not among those listed, choose “Other scholarship” from the drop-down menu.
- Some agreements provide a preliminary sponsorship or scholarship letter, if applicable, email a pdf copy to an admissions specialist. Remember to include your full name and your 8 digit (numerical only) Waterloo student ID number.
- If you are applying with a sponsorship that includes funding for English language studies, conditional admission may be offered. Learn more about sponsorships with English Language Training.
- The sponsorship documentation must detail the approved program, financial support amount and the number of years the funding has been granted (a minimum of two years for a master’s research program and a minimum of four years for a PhD program).
- Please refer to Arranging your fees with a third-party sponsorship on the Finance website for the information required in the official sponsorship documentation. If there is any change in your funding situation, the University of Waterloo may re-evaluate your Offer of Admission, and reserves the right to withdraw your Offer of Admission or withdraw you from your graduate program.
- For further information contact the Manager, Graduate Admissions at email@example.com.