At a glance:
- February 1 (for admission in September)
Minimum admission requirements
- An Honours Bachelor's degree with at least a 75% overall standing with 78% in the major. The expectation is that the undergraduate degree will be in Anthropology, but students with at least 5 courses in Anthropology may be admitted as long as these were part of a major in another social science or humanities program. The program will also accept students with a background in the natural sciences, as long as the 5 Anthropology courses they have taken include content in both ethnography and anthropological theory.
- Students must demonstrate to the Advisory Committee competence in theory and methods adequate for study at the graduate level, e.g., through completing undergraduate courses which include these topics.
- Two academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $491.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- International students, full-time: $7,254.00 tuition and $703.201 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- Study and living costs
Due to funding restrictions, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies prior to applying to discuss your interest in this program.