At a glance:
- February 1 (for admission in September)
- July 1 (for admission in January of the following year)
- Master's Research Paper
Minimum admission requirements
- Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program in French with a cumulative average of 75% in a recognized four-year Honours Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree program in a Canadian university (or its equivalent) may be admitted to the program.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $491.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- International students, full-time: $7,254.00 tuition and $703.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- Due to funding restrictions, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies prior to applying to discuss your interest in this program.
- Study and living costs
This video by Waterloo French Studies MA student Rachel Green was a finalist in the 2019 GRADflix competition.