|Department/School||School of Environment, Enterprise and Development|
|Faculty||Faculty of Environment|
|Admit term(s)||Fall (September - December)|
|Application and document submission deadline(s)||
February 1 (for admission in September)
|Collaborative, Doctoral, Research|
|Length of program||48 months (full-time)|
|Registration option(s)||Full-time, Part-time|
What does it take to get in?
Minimum admission requirements
- A Master's degree with distinction (typically an overall average of at least 80%, or equivalent).
- Facility with research methods is expected, whether through the presentation of specific graduate courses or original research at the graduate level.
- Review the finding a supervisor resource
- Supplementary information form (SIF)
- The SIF contains questions specific to your program, typically about why you want to enrol and your experience in that field. Review the application documents web page for more information about this requirement
- If a statement or letter is required by your program, review the writing your personal statement resources for helpful tips and tricks on completion
- Three academic references are required, unless a professional reference is specified
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable
- TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
How much will it cost?
- Use the student budget calculator to estimate your cost and resources
- Visit the graduate program tuition page on the Finance website to determine the tuition and incidental fees per term for your program
- Review the study and living costs
- Review the funding graduate school resources for graduate students
What can you expect at Waterloo?
- Review the degree requirements on the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar, including the courses that you can anticipate taking as part of completing the degree
- Check out profiles of current graduate students to learn about their experience at Waterloo
- Check out Waterloo's institutional thesis repository - UWspace to see recent submissions from the School of Environment, Enterprise and Development graduate students
- Check out the Waterloo campus and city tours
- Review the School of Environment, Enterprise and Development website to see information about supervisors, research areas, news, and events