To submit your slide for the 3MT, please review the following requirements:
- Submission deadlines
- Slide content (including Powerpoint template)
- Naming requirements
- Submitting your slide (via a web form)
All graduate students participating in the 3MT competition must submit their final slides by the submission deadline for their faculty-based heat.
|Applied Health Sciences||Tuesday, March 10, 2020|
|Arts||Tuesday, March 3, 2020|
|Environment||Friday, February 28, 2020|
|Engineering - Architecture||Tuesday, February 25, 2020|
|Engineering - Chemical||Tuesday, January 28, 2020|
|Engineering - Civil & Environmental||Monday, January 27, 2020|
|Engineering - Electrical & Computer||Tuesday, January 28, 2020|
|Engineering - Management Sciences||Thursday, January 30, 2020|
|Engineering - Systems Design||Thursday, January 30, 2020|
|Mathematics||Friday, March 6, 2020|
|Science||Sunday, March 1, 2020|
Competitors are required to create two slides using the 3MT Powerpoint template (PPTX)
- One title slide indicating:
- Competitor's name
- 3MT presentation title
- Department or School
- Supervisor's name
- Photo credits should be included in the footnote (visit the FAQ page for information on photo credits)
- One static content slide to support your presentation, in accordance with the 3MT presentation rules
- In order to avoid formatting issues, all text should use standard fonts (e.g. Arial)
- Images are acceptable, but video and sound are not
Submitted files MUST adhere to the following naming convention:
- Filename: "Lastname_Firstname_Faculty.pdf"
- Example: "Glover_Tasha_Arts.pdf"
Finalized 3MT slides should be saved in PDF format, and submitted using the slide submission form:
- 3MT slide submission- faculty-based heat (web form)
Presentation slides will not be accepted if they are not submitted on time or do not meet the stated requirements, disqualifying the participant. For this reason, competitors are encouraged to finalize and submit their files well in advance of the deadline.
Clarifications regarding file submissions can be directed to your faculty-heat co-ordinator.