Dana Porter Library, Room 328
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 x32795
The following datasets all focus specifically on the province of Ontario. More data for these areas may be available in the Grand River watershed, Regional Municipality of Waterloo, City of Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area (G.T.A.), other Ontario Cities, and Canada sections. Select one of the links below to see detailed information for each dataset.
: indicates a resource that is available from the Geospatial Centre.
: indicates a resource that is available outside of the University of Waterloo.
: indicates a resource that is available from Scholars GeoPortal. The Scholars Geoportal offers a number of Canadian datasets, some that are listed below.
- Natural Resources and Values Information System (NRVIS)
- Ontario OPEN Portal
- Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (OMNR): Digital Elevation Model (DEM)
- LiDAR Eastern Acquisition Project (LEAP) Digital Terrain Model (DTM) (2009)
- Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) Land Information Ontario (LIO) : Ontario GeoHub
- Ontario Basic Mapping (OBM) data: Geography Network
Geology and soil data
- Ontario Geological Survey: bedrock, quaternary, and physiography
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA): soil type
- Land Information Ontario (LIO): soil surveys of Ontario
- Northern Ontario Engineering Geology Terrain Study
- Environics Analytics Business Data for Ontario
- Community Health Data for Ontario
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA): agriculture land use
- Ontario land cover data
- Southern Ontario Land Resource Information System (SOLRIS) land use data
- Teranet's Province of Ontario Land Registry Information System (POLARIS) parcel boundaries data
- Waste disposal inventory site data
- Well water data: Brant, Waterloo, Wellington
- Ontario open data catalogue
- Regional GIS data by Geography: Great Lakes Information Network; includes Ontario, Quebec and states surrounding Great Lakes
- Great Lakes bathymetry: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and Canadian Hydrographic Service (CHS)