Treatment Services for Adults
***We have now closed our waitlists for psychoeducational assessments. We anticipate re-opening the waitlist in May 2023 for assessments that will occur in 2024 or later.***
The CMHRT provides psychotherapy to address the following types of concerns:
- Depression and Mood
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Adjustment difficulties
- Interpersonal and Relationship difficulties
Approaches to therapy are selected to match the presenting issue and to reflect best practices. The CMHRT specializes in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT). Other approaches to therapy may be available and may include emotion focused therapy, compassion focused therapy, mindfulness, and others.
Common reasons for referrals
Intake process for adults
Please note that we must speak the person who will be requiring services directly; spouse/partner, parents, etc. cannot make a referral on behalf of someone else.
Due to the nature of our centre we are unable to provide services for all presenting issues. Please see Exclusionary Criteria for details.
When you contact us seeking services this is the sequence of events:
- The Centre Coordinator will take the information necessary to enter you into our database and will pass that information onto our Centre Assistants.
- Within a week a Centre Assistant will contact you to ask more detailed questions about the problem for which you are seeking help to determine if our services seem appropriate for your needs.
- If we think we can help, your name will be put on the Centre wait list. If not, we will provide you with the names and contact details of other services.
- Once a Centre clinician becomes available he/she will contact you to schedule a diagnostic assessment.
- Treatment can usually start the following week, unless after the assessment we think you would be better served by another mental health care provider.
A formal assessment report will be prepared which we can forward to other professionals involved in your care, with your written consent.
How long is the wait
The wait time varies depending on the time of year, the type of problem for which you are seeking services in relation to the expertise of the clinicians and supervisors currently able to take cases, and other factors. We invite you to check in with us regularly about your status on the wait list and we also encourage you to investigate other services as well. Please know that providing timely services is an utmost priority for us and we are actively pursuing every means we can to reduce wait times.