Teen Triple P Positive Parenting Group
Happier Families. Better Relationships.
This group is no longer accepting referrals. Please check back for updates on the next offering of this group.
Teen Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) is an evidence-based 8-week group intervention that offers parents simple and practical parenting skills and strategies. The program can be helpful for parents who have youth ages 11 years to 16 years with challenging behaviors and who would like to learn new ideas and to gain support from other parents in a similar situation. It can also be helpful for parents who simply want to gain confidence and new ideas in parenting. The group will be facilitated by PPP certified facilitator Dr. Marjory Phillips in conjunction with a resident and senior doctoral student in clinical psychology.
HOW to REFER to Triple P: Interested parents are invited to complete the PPP Intake Information Form. The Director will then contact the parent to schedule a short telephone intake screen to discuss the program and determine whether it is a good fit for their family. When groups are full or not currently open for referrals, intakes will be added to the waitlist for future groups.
FACILITATORS: Dr. Marjory Phillips (supervisor) with experienced graduate students in clinical psychology
COST: $200 for the 8 week program, plus $30 for the parenting workbook
Previous group resources (for reference only):
What is Teen Triple P?
- Group program based on research evidence and used in 35 countries worldwide
- Opportunity to meet other parents in similar situations
- Provides tips and strategies to suit the individual needs of your family
- Includes a handy workbook with parenting tools and information
- Includes video and demonstrations to put ideas into practice
When does it start?
- Next group dates to be posted once available
- Six, 90 min group sessions
- Two, individual 30 min sessions
What does it cost?
- The group program fees are $200 for the 8 week program
- There is an additional cost of $30 for the parent workbook, which will be mailed out via Canada Post in advance of the group if the group is held virtually
- Subsidies are possible. Since the group is facilitated by a registered psychologist, these psychological services may be eligible for reimbursement from insurance benefits.
How do I sign up?
- Interested parents should email the UW CMHRT at firstname.lastname@example.org and should say that they are interested in Triple P or complete the online PPP Intake Information Form. Spaces are limited. When groups are full or not currently open for referrals, intakes will be added to the waitlist for future groups.
- We will arrange a short telephone call to discuss your parenting goals and to determine whether this program can best meet your needs.