I am a PhD student at the University of Waterloo, in the Department of Systems Design Engineering and a Research Assistant at the Motion Research Group. I completed my MSc in Mechatronics Engineering at the University of Tehran, Iran, where I also spent three years as a graduate researcher at the Human and Robot Interaction Laboratory (known as TaarLab for its Persian abbreviation).
In general, I enjoy working on problems related to robotics and biomechatronics, especially when they involve system modeling, control design, and programming.
- Modeling and Simulation of Multibody Systems
- Optimal and Model Predictive Control
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Robotics and Biomechatronics
- Parallel Mechanisms
- Screw Theory
- B. Danaei, A. Arian, M. Tale Masouleh, and A. Kalhor. “Dynamic modeling and base inertial parameters determination of a 2-DOF spherical parallel mechanism.” Multibody System Dynamics (2017), pp. 1-24.
- B. Danaei, N. Karbasizadeh, and M. Tale Masouleh. “A general approach on collision-free workspace determination via triangle-to-triangle intersection test.” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing 44 (2017), pp. 230-241.
- A. Arian, B. Danaei, H. Abdi and S. Nahavandi. “Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis of the Gantry-tau, a 3-DoF Translational Parallel Manipulator.” Applied Mathematical Modelling (2017).
- S. Pedrammehr, B. Danaei, H. Abdi, M. T. Masouleh, S. Nahavandi. “Dynamic analysis of Hexarot: axis symmetric parallel manipulator.” Robotica, pp. 1-16 (2017).
- M. R. Chalak Qazani, S. Pedrammehr, A. Rahmani, B. Danaei, M. M. Ettefagh, A. K. Sheikh Rajab, and H. Abdi. “Kinematic analysis and workspace determination of Hexarot -a novel 6-DOF parallel manipulator with a rotation-symmetric arm system.” Robotica 33, no. 08 (2015): 1686-1703.
- A. Arian, B. Danaei and M. Tale Masouleh. (2018). “Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis of Tripteron, an Over-constrained 3-DOF Translational Parallel Manipulator, Through Newton-Euler Approach”, AUT Journal of Modeling and Simulation, 50(1), pp. 61-70.
- R. Sabbagh Novin, M. Tale Masouleh, M. Yazdani, B. Danaei, “Optimal motion planning of a 3-dof decoupled parallel robot using convex optimization and receding horizon concept”, Modares Mechanical Engineering Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 197-206, 2015 (In Persian)
- B. Danaei, A. Arian, M. Tale Masouleh, A. Kalhor. “Kinematic and dynamic modeling and base inertial parameters determination of the Quadrupteron parallel manipulator” Computational Kinematics: Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Computational Kinematics. Mechanisms and Machine Science, vol 50. Springer, Cham. (2018), 249-256. [Book Chapter]
- B. Danaei, M. Alipour, A. Arian, M. Tale Masouleh and A. Kalhor, 2017, October. "Control of a two degree-of-freedom parallel robot as a stabilization platform". In 2017 5th RSI International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (ICRoM) (pp. 232-238). IEEE.
- A. Arian, B. Danaei and M. Tale Masouleh, “Kinematics and dynamics analysis of a 2-DOF Spherical Parallel Robot” Robotics and Mechatronics (ICROM), 4th RSI International Conference on IEEE (2016).
- A. Arian, B. Danaei, M. Tale Masouleh and A. Kalhor, 2017, October. "Dynamic Modeling and Base Inertial Parameters Determination of 3-DoF Planar Parallel Manipulator". In 2017 5th RSI International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (ICRoM) (pp. 546-551). IEEE.
- A. Salimi Lafmejani, B. Danaei, A. Kalhor and M. Tale Masouleh, 2017, October. "An Experimental Study on Control of a Pneumatic 6-DoF Gough-Stewart Robot Using Backstepping-Sliding Mode and Geometry-Based Quasi-Forward Kinematic Method". In 2017 5th RSI International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (ICRoM) (pp. 239-245). IEEE.