Partners for Action is taking action to better educate and prepare Canadians for floods with our website: FloodSmartCanada.ca. FloodSmartCanada.ca was launched in the fall of 2016 with its primary goal of helping Canadians prepare for floods and the associated risks. The website continues to provide relevant and useful information developed by Canadian organizations, governments, businesses, and research groups. With numerous resources related to floods, FloodSmartCanada.ca is here to support Canadians.
In the past Partners for Action launched the FloodSmart Toolkit - a collection of graphics, outreach materials, and media content to help communicate flood safety and preparedness across Canada.
Take a look at the resources offered on FloodSmartCanada.ca:
Our Project Partners
- Public Safety Canada
- Toronto Region Conservation Authority
- The Weather Network
- ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability
- March of Dimes Canada
- The Co-operators Group. Ltd.
- Farm Mutual Re
- The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
- The Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC)
- The Canadian Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (CAMIC)
- The Town of Oakville
- The Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- The Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction (ICLR)