The University of Waterloo's Research Experiences Group (REG) coordinates the participation of Psychology undergraduate students in studies being run by students and faculty members in the Department of Psychology.
REG coordinates the recruitment, scheduling and remuneration of students for studies using SONA. We ensure that participants receive appropriate participation credits (grades) or monetary remuneration for their participation.
REG Members consist of:
- REG Management Commitee (consists of Department of Psychology faculty members who oversee REG).
- REG Faculty Advisor Dr. Jonathan Fugelsang (oversees REG and chairs the REG Management Committee)
- REG Coordinator Michelle Manios (full-time staff member, coordinates all REG operations)
- REG Participants (undergraduate Psychology students who take part in studies)
- REG Researchers (Department of Psychology faculty and students who conduct studies)
Studies available for participation
The following poster provides information for Psychology studies available for participation. Just click the link below to see the details. Please contact the Researchers listed on the poster.
The PSYCpool database registration form has now CLOSED for the Spring 2017 term. Participation in studies through PSYCpool will continue until August 18th.
Enrollment in the PSYCpool database will be available again next Spring term (Spring 2018).
PSYCpool is a database of participants that register to be contacted by Researchers in the Psychology department to participate in studies for pay. Psychology conducts studies investigating various aspects of information processing, memory, learning and behaviour. These studies typically involve computer tasks (in the lab) or online surveys (on the web) that take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
In appreciation of your time, you will receive $5 per 30 minutes of participation or other remuneration such as movie tickets or entry into a draw for cash or gift certificates. All studies have been reviewed by and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee. However, the final decision about participation is yours.
For further information please contact Michelle Manios at email@example.com.