Kuali is a web-based platform that will replace the existing ethics system on August 13, 2018.
What is Kuali?
Kuali is a complete solution supporting the development, review, and clearance of research ethics applications and will:
- decrease the administrative burden for applications by using electronic signatures and forms,
- accelerate the application process by providing an application that automatically presents relevant questions,
- foster collaboration among users in the system by allowing joint application development,
- reduce manual processes through automated workflows and notifications, and
- act as the single solution for all human and animal ethics applications.
What do you need to do?
- August 3 at 4:30 p.m. – Last day to submit applications in the old system.
- August 3 to 13 – No new applications, modifications or renewals are accepted.
- August 13 at 9 a.m. – Everything will be processed through the new system.
What else do you need to know?
- All active applications will be imported into Kuali.
- To benefit fully from the advances in the new system, wait to submit new applications in the new system.
- Please do not feel a need to rush to have all applications in by the August 3 deadline. This will not speed up your review time.