Carl Haas is a University Research Chair and the Chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Waterloo, Canada. His research, teaching and consulting are in the areas of construction technology and the circular economy in the built environment. He has received numerous research and teaching awards. He serves on a number of editorial boards and on professional committees for organizations such as the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada and the International Association for Automation and Robotics in Construction (IAARC). His research has been supported by numerous companies as well as agencies such as TxDOT, MTO, NSERC, NSF, and the CRC. He is a member of the Canadian Academy of Engineering and a Fellow of the ASCE. He was elected to the US National Academy of Construction in 2013. In 2014 received the CSCE (Canadian Society of Civil Engineers) Walter Shanly Award for outstanding contributions to the development and practice of construction engineering in Canada. In 2015 he received the ASCE Peurifoy Construction Research Award, the premier international career award in construction research. In 2017, he received the University of Waterloo Award of Excellence in Graduate Supervision. In 2019, he received the ASCE Computing in Civil Engineering Award, as well as the CSCE Alan Russell Award.
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE)
- Fellow of the US National Academy of Construction (NAC)
- Canadian Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE)
- Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- National Research Council’s Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- International Association for Automation and Robotics in Construction
- Construction Industry Institute
Please find a detailed copy of my Resume below.