OSAP, award and scholarship amounts will be posted as Anticipated Aid on your Quest account each term. Fall 2020 full-time OSAP funding will be added as anticipated aid on Quest accounts starting August 5 and will continue to be updated throughout the Promissory Note period.
Several awards are provided annually to full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, or a study term related to academic requirements. Awards are valued at up to $2,500 - $10,000 each, and will be given on the basis of academic achievement, as well as the type and duration of the experience. Interested students, in good academic standing (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level), who are planning to participate in an international experience in Israel are eligible to apply. Award selection will take place once per term. Students should apply as soon as they are able to confirm the details of their intended experience by one of the following deadlines: July 15, November 15, or March 15. These awards were established through the generous support of the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Foundation in honour of former Waterloo President David Johnston, as a lasting tribute to his 11-year service to this university and in recognition of his passion for international opportunities for students.
- up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience
- $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience
- up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience
- full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements
- selection based on combination of academic achievement and duration and type of the international experience
- Complete the general International Experience Award Application form.
All University-sanctioned international travel is suspended until further notice due to COVID-19. As a result, the international experience award program is suspended during this time.
Graduate students should consult with the Graduate Studies Office for application details.
- Student Awards & Financial Aid
- Hannah Ellingham, Undergraduate Awards Co-ordinator
- The Centre, Needles Hall