Funding is available each year to support undergraduate and graduate refugee students who are sponsored by the World University Service of Canada at Waterloo (WUSC) or any other students who are recognized by the Canadian government as being refugees or protected persons. Candidates may be enrolled in any Faculty/program at the University of Waterloo. The funds are intended to assist students who are no longer receiving sponsorship support and who have a demonstrated financial need. Candidates must be in satisfactory academic standing. The value of each award will vary depending on financial need and available funds. These awards were established through the generous support of donors in honour of former Waterloo President David Johnston as a lasting tribute to his 11-year service to this university and in recognition of his passion for international opportunities for students.
- for students sponsored by the University of Waterloo World University Service of Canada (WUSC) Student Refugee Program and/or recognized by the Canadian government as refugees or protected persons upon arrival in Canada
- financial need
- satisfactory academic standing
- Complete the bursary application in Quest.
- Log into your Quest account.
- Select the Financial Aid tile and open the bursary application link.
- You only need to submit one bursary application for the term to be considered for any available bursary funds.
- If you've already submitted the bursary form this term, that's great - you don't have to reapply. We will consider all eligible applicants for this and other available bursary funds.
- Student Awards & Financial Aid
- The Centre, Needles Hall