Established in memory of David M. Forget, an award valued up to $1,200 will be made annually to a student enrolled in Year Two of Earth Sciences, Geological Engineering or other Earth major program. Students who can demonstrate an interest in the geosciences combined with a love and respect for nature, a good ability and interest in writing and a dedication to their studies are invited to write a short essay (2,000 words maximum) explaining their eligibility for this award and addressing the criteria as stated above. Further information may be obtained from the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences.
up to $1,200
- demonstrated interest in geology
- love and respect for nature
- good ability and interest in writing - short essay is required
- Complete the applicable term Undergraduate Award Application
- At this time we are only accepting applications for awards with Spring deadlines (May-August).
- The application for awards with deadlines in a future term will be available by the start of that term – please check back later.
- Complete a separate application for each award you wish to be considered for.
- Access the form on our Undergraduate Studies Forms page.
Please contact Luke Balch in the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department/Science UG Office if you have questions about this award.