This fund has been established in memory of Henry Neufeld and Thomas Oberle by their children to provide financial assistance to undergraduate students who participate in an international exchange program offered by the University of Waterloo, or the university colleges, who have demonstrated financial need. Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents and have lived in Ontario for the entire 12-month period prior to beginning their post-secondary education.
one or more awards ranging from $500 - $2,500
- participating in an international exchange program offered by the University of Waterloo, or the university colleges
- demonstrated financial need
- lived in Ontario for the entire 12-month period prior to beginning their post-secondary education
- Complete the general International Experience Award Application form.
- Access the application on our Forms page.
- Attach required documentation (refer to application form).
- Only submit one general form to be considered for the majority of available international experience awards, unless a specific form or process is indicated.
- Apply prior to your departure term, by the applicable term deadline.
Please contact the Undergraduate Awards Assistant if you have questions about this award.