Studying within the SI program
- Students can earn a Minor or Diploma in Studies in Islam. We offer a number of interdisciplinary opportunities. We encourage our students to select electives from a variety of fields including Fine Arts, History, Music, Political Science, Religious Studies, Geography, International Development, Mathematics, and Psychology.
- Our Arabic language program offers a variety of options for non-native speakers interested in learning a new language, whether it be for personal, professional, or academic purposes. Students can earn a Certificate or Diploma in Arabic Language.
- Our students gain a deep understanding of the Arabic language, as well as Islamic history and culture, and contemporary issues facing Muslim peoples.
- We offer courses in art and visual culture, history, daily life and contemporary issues, theatre, and literature. Our Arabic language courses are offered at the introductory, intermediate, or advanced level.
- Arabic language Conversation Circles are held throughout the term allowing students to converse with native Arabic language speakers from Renison's English Language Institute.
- Our classes are kept small so there are many opportunities to interact on a one-on-one basis with faculty members and other students.