To donate via e-Pledge, please click on the employee DONATE NOW button.
After clicking on the DONATE NOW button, enter the Waterloo email address associated with your e-Pledge account (or if this is your first time registering, use your WatIAM email address) and complete the verification form. You will receive an email to confirm your account. To simplify your account access in the future, save the email to access your account at any time. We do our best to link accounts, but if you use a different email address you may be creating a new account.
It is recommended that you update your profile once you are logged into e-Pledge.
1. Payroll Deduction
2. Credit Card Monthly Gift
3. Credit Card One-Time Gift
All 3 options should be completed through e-Pledge to ensure accurate documentation of your donation. However, if you choose not to use e-Pledge, please use the paper pledge form.
1. Payroll deductions
- Select the amount you would like deducted per pay.
- Select the number of pay periods per year (12 for staff and faculty, 26 for CUPE).
- Select the number of deductions to make – anywhere from 1 to 12 (or 26 depending on your position). The Total Annual Pledge will adjust automatically based upon your amount and number of deductions you wish to make.
- Ignore the option to have the tax receipt emailed or mailed to you. With payroll deduction, the tax receipt will appear on your T4.
- When you complete your donation, you will receive a confirmation email.
- IMPORTANT: YOU MUST PRINT YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL, SIGN IT, AND SEND IT TO THE CAMPUS UNITED WAY OFFICE. This will alert Human Resources of your donation so that they can apply it to your payroll deductions.
- You will receive your confirmation within 24 hours of your donation. However, if you do not receive it, please either log back onto e-Pledge and click on the “resend confirmation” button on the pledge page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a resend.
- Deductions will start in January of the following calendar year (if you donate in the fall of 2019, deductions will start January 2020).
200 University Ave., West
2. Credit card monthly gift
- Select the ANNUAL amount you would like to donate. It will be divided into 12 installations, all charged to your chosen credit card on the 15th of every month. Note that payments will continue indefinitely until the United Way is notified of any requested cancellations via email (email@example.com).
- The payment start date will pre-populate to January of the following calendar year (if you donate in the fall of 2019, payments will start in January 2020).
- Indicate if you wish to receive your tax receipt via email. If you select not to have it emailed, it will be mailed, to the address noted within your profile, during tax season.
- When you confirm your donation, your order will be transferred to CyberSource, the United Way’s secure credit card processing site. Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email. You do not need to send this to the United Way campaign office.
3. Credit card one-time gift
- Select the amount you would like to donate.
- You have the option to renew your gift each year until you cancel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Indicate if you wish to receive your tax receipt via email. If you select not to have emailed, it will be mailed, to the address noted within your e-Pledge profile, during tax season.
- When you confirm your donation, your order will be transferred to CyberSource, the United Way’s secure credit card processing site.
- Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email. You do not need to send this to the United Way campaign office.
Changing your gift
Designate your donation
The United Way allows you to designate your gift to a specific agency. There is a minimum donation of $100 for each designated agency, and a $12 administration fee will be applied. You will not be charged an additional $12 – instead the fee will be deducted from your donation amount. For example, a $100 donation will become $88 to account for the fee.
One-time designated amounts will be sent to the agency or agencies of choice the following April – meaning if a payroll donation is pledged in the Fall of 2018, and the payment transaction is in 2019, the agency will receive the designated amount in April 2020.
IMPORTANT: If the registered charitable number is not included or the minimum gift is not met, the designated donation will be added to the United Way Waterloo Region Communities’ community investments.
- Within any of the 3 payment options, you can select if you wish to designate your donation.
- In order to designate, you’ll need to provide the amount to designate, the agency name, the city the agency is located in, and the Canadian Registered Charitable Number.
- Do not use the browser’s back and forward buttons. Instead, use the NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons within the e-Pledge site. Using the browser navigation buttons may accidentally cancel out your donation and you many need to start over.
- Tax receipts are mailed during tax time (Jan-Apr) and unless you approve to receive the tax receipt via email, they will be sent to the address noted within your e-Pledge profile.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email when you complete your donation, email the United Way campaign office (email@example.com).
If you have any questions regarding e-Pledge or your United Way donation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.