The UWaterloo United Way Campaign is made possible by a large number of volunteers. There are two ways to get involved with the university's campaign:
- Volunteer to be a United Way Ambassador
- Volunteer to be part of the campus campaign planning committee
United Way Ambassadors play a key role in the execution of the annual campaign by helping raise awareness about the University's United Way campaign and run the campaign in your own departments.
Fill in this form if you're interested in volunteering as an Ambassador
- Be a positive supporter of the University of Waterloo’s United Way campaign
- Be a member of the University of Waterloo community
- Have some flexibility in work schedule during the Fall term
- Possess or have a desire to build strong communication and team-building skills
Roles and responsibilities
Learning & Inspiration
- Attend the United Way Ambassador Training Lunch & Learn to learn more about community issues, United Way, and how to be a great volunteer
- Attend the 2019 United Way Kick Off Luncheon to meet other United Way supporters on campus, get inspired for the 2019 campaign and pick up your campaign materials
- GO RED & decorate your office space for the October campaign
- Make your colleagues aware that it is United Way campaign time: share it via email, at a department meeting etc.
- Run an event (or team up with other Ambassadors) to raise money and awareness about the University of Waterloo's United Way campaign
- Share information with your colleagues about the United Way campaign, how to donate and what events are happening on campus
- Know where to refer your colleagues if they have questions about United Way or the University's campaign
- Ensure that campaign materials are visible and accessible for the campaign period (October 1 - 31)
10 - 15 hours total
- Attend the United Way Ambassador Training Lunch & Learn on August 20th, 2019 (1 hour)
- Attend the 2019 United Way Kick Off Luncheon on September 24th, 2019 (1 hour)
- Awareness building and information sharing during the active campaign period of October 1 - 31 (5 - 10 hours)
- Attend the Souper Lunch (and Thrive Week's Walk for Mental Health!) (1 hour)
- Report back to our Campaign Coordinator on any campaign event funds raised, send pictures and stories of how your department got involved (1 hour)
Remember to add your experience to your Annual Performance Review!
If you're interested in volunteering to support volunteer management, stewardship, administration or communications, please connect with the University of Waterloo United Way campaign coordinator.