The UWaterloo United Way Campaign is made possible by a large number of volunteers. There are two ways to get invovled with the university's campaign.
- Volunteer to be an Area Representative
- Volunteer to be part of the campus campaign planning committee
The Area Representatives play a key role in the execution of the annual campaign as they help raise awareness about the University’s United Way Campaign and run the campaign in each of their own departments.
Fill in this form if you're interested in volunteering as an Area Representative.
- Be a positive ambassador for and supporter of the University of Waterloo’s United Way campaign
- Be a member of the University of Waterloo community
- Have some flexibility in work schedule
- Possess or have a desire to build strong communication skills
- Commit to the Area Representative position for two years (if applicable) and to find a replacement volunteer when volunteer commitment is finished
Roles and responsibilities
- Attend the volunteer lunch and training reception on September 19, 2017 at Fed Hall. Don't forget to wear red!
- Learn about United Way in order to explain United Way’s funding priorities, why it is important to support its work and why the University is running an employee workplace campaign
- Identify and act on opportunities to increase awareness about the United Way within your department (e.g. display United Way posters, providing regular updates to your department about the campaign)
- Identify and act on opportunities to promote the United Way by holding events and activities that raise awareness and funds for the United Way.
- If applicable, participate in the brainstorming, organization, promotion, and execution of campaign events within your department
- Respond to questions from coworkers about United Way processes (or defer questions to United Way working group)
- Communicate any issues or problems that arise to the United Way working group
- Provide feedback regarding the campaign
Specific time commitments will vary depending on the size of the Area Representative’s department and the number and nature of any awareness raising events the Area Representative decides to run during the October campaign.
Ideally, the Area Representative will have flexibility in their work schedules to be able to attend events (such as the volunteer training lunch) and complete some United Way tasks during the work day.
If you're interested in volunteering to support volunteer management, stewardship, administration or communications, please connect with the campaign co-chairs.