We want to ensure you have the tools and resources you need as an Ambassador to run an effective United Way campaign in your department.
Click to view and download any of the following resources:
- 2023 Ambassador Tooklit
- Ambassador Training Video (on MS Teams)
- United Way resources:
Contact our Campaign Coordinator to access any of the following resources:
- United Way Merchandise
- Agency IMPACT speakers
- United Way WRC FAQ
- Promotional videos
- An update on your department's participation rate and total dollars raised
Please note supplies are limited, but we will do our best to provide you with what you need.
You can also visit the United Way Waterloo Region Communities website for other materials and templates.
The key to a successful event is planning. if you're hosting a United Way event on campus, think about the following:
- Know your audience - what types of events will or won't work for them?
- Recruit volunteers
- Have a brainstorming session with your volunteers
- If you plan to host an event that includes food, please review the food safety guide.
- Set objectives and goals for your event
- Choose a location & date for the event - then work back from that date
- Expect the unexpected -- be flexible and prepare contingency plans
- Communicate the event -- before, during and after
- Keep your Human Resources or pertinent manager informed of your event details
- Create sponsorship opportunities -- ask for donated goods/services
- Thank volunteers, participants, sponsors, and donors
- Keep a record of everything so that it can be repeated next year
VIRTUAL EVENT IDEAS: United WRC Virtual Campaign Toolkit
Community Relations also offers an extensive event planning guide that may also be helpful for you to review.
Money Handling Guidelines
Click on this document to learn about the University of Waterloo's cash handling guidelines and how you can accept donations from your department: Money Handling Guidelines