George and Judy Woo Centre For Sight Enhancement Low Vision Clinic
Have you been diagnosed with an eye disease?
Has your eye care provider told you there’s nothing else they can do for you?
Does this disease make it difficult for you to see, even when you are wearing your glasses?
Does your vision prevent you from doing things you want to do?
Does your vision make you feel sad, depressed or angry?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, low vision rehabilitation may be right for you.
The clinic serves anyone who has a vision impairment that can’t be corrected by glasses, surgery or other medical treatments. Using vision assessments, vision aids and counselling, we can help you improve your quality of life and maximize your independence.
During your visits, we will
- assess your vision and explain your condition in easy-to-understand terms
- help you decide what forms of treatment are right for you
- train you to use devices that can help you make the most of your vision
- provide counselling for both you and your family, if you wish
- help you connect with government programs and other resources
- work with your doctor and other healthcare providers to ensure you receive seamless care