The Office of Academic Integrity (OAI) is a promotional and educational unit that communicates the importance of academic integrity and the core value of integrity at the University of Waterloo. We work with various faculties, extra-curricular associations, and academic support units to ensure everyone has access to the information and resources necessary to make integrity-aligned decisions.
The OAI established in 2008 in response to the recommendations outlined in the report: "Toward a Level Playing Field: Enhancing Academic Integrity at the University of Waterloo" (PDF).
Some of the initiatives the OAI is involved in include:
- Custom presentations and workshops to undergraduate and graduate students during orientation and in-class
- The Integrity Matters Mobile Application, an interactive app that enhances student understanding of academic integrity
- Support for the Graduate Academic Integrity Module (Grad AIM), a mandatory module for all new graduate students
- Promoting the educational uses of Turnitin through workshops and presentation
- The Academic Integrity Advisory Committee (AIAC) , which brings together a diverse range of campus partners to discuss academic integrity promotion, engagement, and education