Everyone experiences stress when they feel challenged or are under pressure. However, if the stress becomes overwhelming, it is important to seek help. The University of Waterloo offers a number of resources to help you with stress and anxiety, and to strengthen time management skills.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed, or distressed, consider:
- Contacting Counselling Services for an individual appointment
- Attending a Seminar (e.g. Coping Skills, Alleviating Anxiety)
- Attending a Workshop (e.g. Preventing Depression Relapse)
- Attending Group Therapy (e.g. Overcoming Anxiety, Dealing with Depression, Stress Management)
For help strengthening your time management skills, consider:
- Using the Assignment Planner. The Assignment Planner will break down your lab reports, annotated bibliographies, research essays, and poster presentations into steps, which includes resources and how-to's.
- Attending Student Success Office workshops – e.g., ‘Get this term started’ and ‘Organizing Your Time’
Reviewing Student Success Office time management resources – e.g., ‘Backwards Planning, ‘Finding Balance’, and ‘Goal Setting
Booking a Peer Success Coach appointment to reflect on academic goals and develop an action plan that will work for you
Download or log in to Portal to keep track of important dates and deadlines, book your appointments, and calculate your grade in a course
Use Backwards Planning for Tests to learn about and improve your time management skills for studying