Grab your lab goggles and join Waterloo Alumni at the Ontario Science Centre on Saturday, July 15!
Bring your family and friends to explore fascinating exhibits. Afterwards, visit the Waterloo Alumni Lounge for light refreshments and activities, including hands-on experiments from the Faculties of Engineering and Science, and an adventurous scavenger hunt through the science centre. Tickets include a discounted rate for admission and optional meal voucher add-ons.
We can’t wait to make new discoveries with you this July!
Already an Ontario Science Centre member? You can still register to join in the fun!
|Price (Includes all taxes and fees)
|Youth (13-17), Seniors (65+)
|Infant (under 3)
|Ontario Science Centre Members
|(optional) Meal Voucher
|$10.00 per voucher
All guests who wish to visit the Waterloo Alumni Lounge must be registered, including those with free tickets.
Access to the Science Centre is currently being impacted by required maintenance to the building. Use the front entrance to pick up your tickets at the Waterloo Alumni Lounge. A shuttle service at the front entrance will take visitors to the exhibit halls. Questions? The Visitor Tips webpage has helpful details to plan your day.
- WHEN: Saturday, July 15, 2023
- WHERE: Ontario Science Centre | 770 Don Mills Rd., North York, ON
- TICKET PICK-UP: Tickets and meal vouchers can be picked up at the Waterloo Alumni Lounge in the Level 1 Mezzanine. Access is through the front entrance of the Centre.
- HOURS: 10:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. | Waterloo Alumni Lounge - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- PARKING: Parking is available for $12.00 and can be purchased on-site. Visit the Transit, Directions and Parking webpage for more information.
The chase is on! Test your hunting skills by downloading the Goosechase app to complete challenges as you explore. To play:
1. Get the app - Download the GooseChase app on the App Store or Google Play and sign up or log in.
2. Join the game - Tap the search icon and enter Waterloo Warrior Quest: Science Centre Edition. Or use the game code, 3GGX9B.
3. Complete missions - To earn points, choose a mission from the game list and follow the instructions.
Waterloo Alumni Lounge
Start your day at the Waterloo Alumni Lounge, where you can pick up your tickets and meal vouchers and take part in exciting hands-on activities. We'll be joined by our friends from Engineering Science Quest and Science Outreach, who will guide you through activities and experiments for all ages.
The Waterloo Alumni Lounge will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with light refreshments including coffee, tea, juice and baked goods available from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. or while supplies last.
Goosechase Scavenger Hunt
The chase is on! Test your hunting skills by downloading the Goosechase app to complete challenges as you explore the science centre. Examine meteorites from Mars, discover how the human body deals with danger, explore a real-life rainforest - all while you compete for great prizes!
Purchase a meal voucher as an optional add-on to your ticket. Meal vouchers are redeemable at the Valley Restaurant on Level 6 of the science centre for: 1 Entrée + 1 Side + 1 Fountain Pop or Dasani Water or Small Milk
- Pizza Slice
- Single Burger
- Chicken Breast Sandwich (Grill & Co) (standard toppings: tomatoes, lettuce, onion and pickles)
- Small Grab & Go Cold Sandwich
- Small Salad
- Small Soup
Directions and Parking
Ontario Science Centre
770 Don Mills Road (at the corner of Eglinton Avenue East)
The Ontario Science Centre has two parking lots and a limited number of on-site parking spaces. Parking costs $12. There are also two electric vehicle charging stations in the North Parking Lot (enter through the main entrance driveway), which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Pedal your way to the Ontario Science Centre. The Lower Don Trail takes you along the river and allows you to bike from downtown. The Ontario Science Centre has free bike parking available near both the main entrance and the group entrance at the front of the building. Check out the Toronto Bike Map for more information about trails and cycle-friendly routes.