BM-SHE is a mentorship program designed to create a supportive network for female-identifying students in Waterloo's Biomedical Engineering (BME) program.
The goal of BM-SHE is to facilitate meaningful relationships across cohorts that build capacity for female-identifying students pursuing careers in STEM.
The program is open to all BME students who identify as female or other gender minorities, and are interested in receiving or providing mentorship for their peers.
How it works
- Complete the BM-SHE mentorship program form to share your interests and other details to inform the match.
- Mentees (first and second-year students) are matched with a mentor (upper-year students) for a year.
- Join the BM-SHE Discord.
- Mentors and mentees arrange to connect a few times each term, and attend BM-SHE events!
Why become a mentor?
- Be a role model. Share what you've learned in your academics and during work terms with the next generation of BME students.
- Gain experience for your résumé. Boost your interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Network. Increase your engagement in the BME program and build your professional network.