Contact Victoria Cotton, Biomedical Engineering Undergraduate Administrative Coordinator for academic advising in the BME program.
Academic counselling deals with all aspects of your academic career including:
- Year promotion and term decisions
- Study skills
- Options in engineering programs
- Course selection and enrolment - including Complementary Studies Electives (CSE's)
- Taking courses at another university
- Transfers within the Faculty of Engineering or to another program in another faculty or university
- Disciplinary and academic offences (cheating and plagiarism)
- Sickness and medical certificates (missed exams)
- Deferred and supplemental exams
BME students in all years of study have access to our own Biomedical Engineering advisors.
Within the Faculty of Engineering, all students in their first year have access to faculty-wide advisors.
Academic issues can sometimes be mixed up with personal problems (relationship issues, death in the family, etc.). Whatever the problem, engineering counselling and the University of Waterloo Counselling Services.