Who can use this service
- Current undergraduate and graduate students, visiting scholars, visiting researchers, visiting faculty and post-doctorates, and their families, including:
- Dependents (spouse/children)
- Parents of above
- Visiting family and support people
- Please call Health Services at 519-888-4990 and let us know the dependents or family members you wish to register.
- After calling us you will be sent a link with a registration form to fill out and instructions on next steps.
Please call 519-888-4990 to book an appointment.
The Family Health Clinic does not take walk-in appointments. If you, your spouse, or children require urgent care, please call us, or see a list of after-hours clinics and hospitals.
If you need to cancel or change your appointment for any reason, 24 hours notice must be given. For psychiatrist appointments, 48 hours notice must be given. If you do not give notice and do not come for your appointment, you may be subject to a missed appointment charge.
Arriving late for your appointment could result in:
- having to reschedule your doctor's appointment
- a missed appointment charge
- longer waiting times for yourself and others
Please call 519-888-4990 to cancel your appointment.
Leaving the University in the next six months?
Health Services (including the Family Health Clinic and Student Medical Clinic) is able to serve you and your family while you are a registered University of Waterloo student, visiting scholar or post-doctoral student.
Within six (6) months of graduation or completion of your contract with the University, your health care and the health care of your family members must be transferred to a physician off campus.
If you are on academic hiatus and plan to return to your studies within the next six (6) months, you are welcome to continue your health care with our physicians and nurses.
If you need assistance searching for a physician off campus, please refer to the following website: