The Wellness Collaborative was created out of the Okanagan Charter committments in October 2018 and is tasked with:
- Being a University-wide collaboration led by Campus Wellness with representatives that include students, faculty and staff;
- Emphasizing mental health as a priority;
- Promoting and leveraging existing wellness programs and initiatives; identifying gaps in services and supports; setting priorities for new health and wellness initiatives; and working with campus partners to implement those initiatives;
- Responding to the unique needs and strengths of each Faculty, department and student group who will correspondingly share their insights and learnings with the campus-wide collaborative; and
- Sharing the University’s experiences and best practices with other campuses and broader society through dialogue with external stakeholders regarding health and well-being in universities.