The Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office is here to listen.
If you have been impacted by sexual violence, know that we are here for you – we can provide support, connect you to services and resources, and help you think through options and next steps that work best for you.
If you have an urgent non-crisis need, we will do our best to meet with you as soon as possible. Please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us if:
- You have experienced sexual violence
- You have received a disclosure of sexual violence
- You are supporting someone who has experienced sexual violence
- You have a question(s) about sexual violence, consent, etc.
- You have been accused of perpetrating or have caused sexual violence
- You have witnessed sexual violence or have questions about bystander intervention tips
- You’d like to invite us to provide education or training, or want to work with us on an awareness initiative
How we support those impacted by sexual violence
We work with those who have experienced sexual violence, their supporters, those who have received a disclosure or witnessed sexual violence, as well as those who have caused harm or are alleged to have caused harm.
With consent from those we are supporting, our office will:
- Provide a safe(r) space for people to disclose - in as little or as much detail as they wish - about their experience.
- Discuss resources, both on- and off-campus, that could provide further support or assistance, and provide referrals as directed by those with whom we are working.
- Discuss short term coping strategies.
- Collaborate with departments and units on campus to facilitate requests for academic and workplace accommodations, residence adjustments, safety planning, and other identified needs.
- Review available complaints and reporting options via University policy and/or the police, as directed by those with whom we are working.
Coming to SVPRO does not automatically initiate an investigation; however, if you wish to pursue a formal complaint, we can support you through the process.