Use this form to:
- Apply for the Davis Memorial Scholarship in Ecology.
The Davis Memorial Scholarship in Ecology was established in memory of Robert M. and Doreen M. Davis and will be awarded annually to outstanding graduate students at the University of Waterloo in the field of ecology.
$5,000 each split across the Fall and Winter term. The number of awards vary from year to year.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
In order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship applicants must:
- be registered full-time in a graduate program at the University of Waterloo
- be registered in any area of Ecology, in the broadest terms
- have obtained a first class average (80%) over the last two completed years of study
Applications and required supporting documentation (as outlined on the form) must be submitted to the department for ranking purposes by October 15th before being forwarded to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs.
The department will take the following criteria into consideration and will forward their top candidates to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs:
- contribution and research potential of the applicant in the field of ecology, with consideration given to publications and conferences
- academic excellence as portrayed in the transcripts
- extracurricular activities and leadership
The Advisory Committee on Graduate Scholarships & Awards will review and rank the applications submitted. Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs will communicate with the applicants by the end of November.