An award, valued at a minimum of $1,000 will be awarded (when funds permit), to a graduate student enrolled in the Master's or Doctoral program in the Department of Economics, Faculty of Arts who demonstrates academic excellence and financial need. Applicants are to apply using the Graduate Student Award Application on the Graduate Studies Forms site.
Applications are to be submitted to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs, Needles Hall. The final selection will be made by the Chair and Associate Chair/Graduate Officer in the Department of Economics.
The value and/or number of Awards may change from year to year.
- Must be a full-time graduate student in the Economics department in the Faculty of Arts, and demonstrate academic excellence.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, as well as an Ontario resident (must have resided in Ontario for 12 months prior to beginning their post - secondary education).
- Must apply to OSAP for the term in which the award is due and provide a printout (screenshot) of their OSAP Funding Summary. Note: If a student has been restricted from applying to OSAP then they must instead provide proof that they are restricted.
- Must have demonstrated financial need. From their budget, within the Graduate Student Award application, their “Current term expenses” must exceed their “Current term income”. All amounts entered will be reviewed and only standard expenses will be allowed.
- Graduate Award Application
- Complete the Graduate Student Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below