An award, valued at up to $2,000 is awarded annually to full-time graduate students who are Canadian citizens/permanent residents and a resident of Ontario. Students must be enrolled in the graduate program in the Department of Classical Studies in the Faculty of Arts and demonstrate a need for travel to Greece in order to enhance their research, and have demonstrated financial need. The award will be based on a demonstrated research interest in the study of Greece and Classical Greek heritage and relevant to the Waterloo Institute for Hellenistic Studies.
This fund is made possible by a donation from NA Engineering Associates Inc. in support of the Waterloo Institute for Hellenistic Studies.
The value and/or number of Awards may change from year to year.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student who is enrolled in the Department of Classical Studies in the Faculty of Arts.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, as well as an Ontario resident (must have resided in Ontario for 12 months prior to beginning their post - secondary education).
- Must apply to OSAP for the term in which the award is due and provide a printout (screenshot) of their OSAP Funding Summary. Note: If a student has been restricted from applying to OSAP then they must instead provide proof that they are restricted.
- Must have demonstrated financial need. From their budget, within the Graduate Student Award application, their “Current term expenses” must exceed their “Current term income”. All amounts entered will be reviewed and only standard expenses will be allowed.
- Must demonstrate a need for travel to Greece in order to enhance their research and an interest in the study of Greece and Classical Greek heritage. This can be demonstrated in the personal letter portion of the application.
- Graduate Award Application
- Complete the Graduate Student Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below
Please contact the appropriate Manager, Graduate Financial Aid and Awards in Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) for further information regarding this award.