Consistently ranked as the Top Comprehensive Research University in Canada (Research Infosource), our international reputation for excellence and innovation attracts some of the most inspiring and creative graduate students and researchers in the world.
Waterloo is proud to have a large cohort of international graduate students. Today we have over 5,800 graduate students on campus, 40% of whom are international, from 84 countries.
The top 15 source countries for new University of Waterloo international graduate students (2017-18) are China, India, Iran, United States, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Germany, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Nigeria, Turkey, Brazil, Egypt, and Colombia.
- International admission equivalencies (unofficial grade conversions)
- Admission and English language proficiency (ELP) requirements
- International agreements and sponsorships
- Visit the Student Sucess Office to learn about our International student resources.
Why study in Canada?
- Canada has a world class education system
- A Canadian degree is recognized internationally
- Canada has an excellent health care system
- Canada is safe, peaceful and politically stable
Living in Canada
Canada is the second largest country on earth, with three ocean borders and many types of landscape including mountains, prairie grasslands, forests and arctic tundra in between.
Diversity in Canada
Canada is a multicultural and diverse nation that embraces all cultures, races and religious beliefs.