Please Note: This workshop has been cancelled.
Audience: Students, Faculty and Staff
How do you respond when someone says something that makes you uncomfortable or feels disrespectful? Often, we are too surprised to respond at all or, in the moment, we respond ineffectively. Having strategies at hand to respond effectively in such situations can prevent barriers from developing between coworkers and set us up well to maintain good relations in our workplaces.
By participating in this workshop, you will:
- become familiar with 5 steps that can help you respond more effectively to disrespectful communication
- be better prepared to “nip conflict in the bud”
- Identify when the 5 steps are appropriate
- apply the 5 steps to fictional scenarios
- develop a response plan for your own scenario (or a scenario of your choosing)
Online, 2-hour workshop, in a small-group setting