Student Computing Consultant (SCC) program
Our Student Computing Consultant (SCC) program is a unique program that gives undergraduate students the chance to work part time to help their fellow students with technology, while gaining hands on computing experience.
- The SCC program provides 18-22 undergraduate student staff positions each term.
- SCC’s provide support from three locations: Village 1, Davis Centre Library, and Dana Porter Library Service Desk.
Please note: IST hires once a year (May/June) for these positions.
How can I become an SCC?
If you’re interested in the position, please fill in the application form on LEADS, making sure to attach a resume and cover letter.
About the role
What you'll bring to the role
The best customer service skills
- A willingness to learn
- A passion for technology
- A dedication to helping others
- Availability to work approx. eight (8) hours each week
- Attend mandatory training and team meetings
What you'll be responsible for
Work at the IST Service Desks, answering phone calls, emails, and in person inquiries
- Provide front line technical support on networking issues in student rooms
- Remove virus’, malware, and root kits on student computers
- Help students with on campus systems
- Be part of the after-hours support structure for the University
- Work on professional development and training for future terms
What you'll gain from the role
- A great way to gain work experience
- Guaranteed spots in Residence
- Looks great on resumes, reference letters can be provided
- Hands on experience working with technology and networked computers
- Great way to learn valuable customers service and communication skills
- Opportunities for co-op and full-time employment
- Professional development opportunities
- Pay starting $16.50 per hour