Video surveillance (camera) guidelines
Video Surveillance Camera installations at the University of Waterloo require a set of operating guidelines and minimum standards to meet the needs of clients, Information Systems & Technology (IST) and Campus Security.
The goal of these guidelines is to:
- Streamline the process for installation and upgrades of Video Surveillance Camera systems by clearly identifying roles and responsibilities of those involved.
- Reduce the incidence of false alarms.
- Prevent unauthorized removal or tampering of protected equipment.
- The client is responsible for contacting Special Constable Service to request any camera installation
- Details can be found at: "Principles for installation of CCTV cameras and reviewing of recordings"
- Provide Special Constable Service a minimum of two contact names, including work and home numbers, and an email address.
IST Network Services (Security)
- Primary contact for video surveillance cameras failures following client’s initial inspection.
- Provide client with contact information forms.
IST Network Services (Structured Cabling)
- Install and test video surveillance cameras based on client’s request with consultation from Special Constable Service.
- Confirm network infrastructure meets networking standards.
Special Constable Service
- Use archived video recordings to collaborate security instances.
- Assist in determining proper camera type and location.
These guidelines are subject to periodic review and update.