What is happening? Microsoft is phasing out Internet Explorer (IE) 11.
When is this happening? This work will begin Wednesday, June 15, 2022.
What do Internet Explorer users need to do? These users should switch to another supported Windows browser such as Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox before June 15, 2022.
What if my web application requires Internet Explorer? If legacy web applications require IE, individuals can:
- Use Microsoft Edge with IE mode, which enables backward compatibility and will be supported through at least 2029 (Microsoft will provide notice one year prior to retiring IE mode)
- If Microsoft Edge with IE mode does not work with your legacy web application, contact your IST Account Rep to discuss other options
- Optionally, individuals may import IE data into Edge
- Internet Explorer 11 will be removed from Windows 10, Semi Annual Channel starting June 15, 2022
- Lifecycle FAQ – Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- The future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge | Windows Experience Blog
Questions or concerns? Please contact your IST Account Rep.