What is happening? As part of the project recommendation to move to Microsoft 365 email, IST will migrate all on-premises Exchange (Connect) resources (i.e., rooms and equipment) to Microsoft 365 (M365).
What is the impact?
- There are no changes to the appearance or process of booking resources by email; resources will look the same in the Global Address List (GAL)
- The interface when updating resource booking permissions has been modernized; the process itself remains unchanged.
- If the resource owner’s personal email uses on-premises connect, they will now receive a M365 login link when opening the resource from Outlook on the Web; resource owners should click the link and log in with email@example.com
What do I need to do?
- Windows Outlook
- After the migration, resource owners, and others with the resource calendar open in Outlook, may see a message prompting them to restart Outlook
- Click OK then close and re-open Outlook
- Mac OS
- After the migration, resource owners, and others with the resource calendar open in Outlook, may see a message indicating that “Outlook was redirected to the server Autodiscover-s.outlook.com to get new account settings ….”
- Click Allow then close and re-open Outlook
Please note: In some cases, Outlook may need to be closed and re-opened after the change. In rare cases, the resource calendar or mailbox may need to be removed and re-added in Outlook.
When will this change take place? Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
Benefits of this change: Migrating resources to M365 will improve usability as resources in M365 work better for users in M365 while continuing to work for those still using Connect.
- Exchange Calendar resource settings reference
- Exchange Calendar configure a room with approval required
- Exchange Calendar configure a meeting room
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-888-4567 ext. 44357.