What is happening? The end-of-life for on-premises SharePoint (https://sharepoint.uwaterloo.ca/) will be May 2022.
- On-premises SharePoint migrations are expected to be complete by November 2021 as part of the moving to SharePoint Online project with the exception of a few already identified groups.
What is the impact?
- Maintenance and updates will continue from December 2021 to May 2022 for on-premises SharePoint. These updates will only be completed during working hours, on the second Wednesday of every month. Browsers may need to be refreshed during updates.
- The on-premises SharePoint development environment will no longer be available beginning December 1, 2021.
- On-premises SharePoint sites will no longer be accessible after May 2022.
What do site owners need to do? If you have not already migrated your site:
- Prepare your SharePoint 2016 on-premises site for migration to SharePoint Online and/or Microsoft Teams.
- Submit a migration request if you are unsure of your site migration status, or are ready to migrate, and include the name of your site.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Andrew McAlorum (firstname.lastname@example.org)