What is happening? Owl Labs, the maker of the Meeting Owl Pro, announced several security vulnerabilities in their products.
What is the impact? Meeting Owl Pro's running a software version earlier than 188.8.131.52 have critical security vulnerabilities.
What do users need to do? `
- Update Meeting Owl Pro to software version 184.108.40.206 or newer.
- If you require assistance updating your Meeting Owl Pro software please submit a ticket via the IST Jira Help Portal.
- If you are unable to upgrade your Meeting Owl Pro software, the Meeting Owl Pro should be turned off for further use until a time when the software can be updated.
- If you are using a Meeting Owl Pro keep up to date with news related to further security patches as the software update does not resolve all vulnerabilities.
- Devices are reasonably safe to use once the software update is completed. The remaining vulnerabilities are low risk and require physical proximity to the attacker.
Questions or concerns? Please submit a ticket via the IST Jira Help Portal.