What’s happening? The UW Microsoft 365 Automation Platform will be upgraded from .NET Core 3.1 to .NET 6. IST uses this system to streamline the following automation processes:
- Creating new instances of Teams, Planner, and Bookings resources
- Teams Roster Sync (TRS) - includes Team creation, Team life-cycle management, and the roster sync
- Administrative Web Portal - used by IST staff to manage and monitor automation processes
When is this happening? The Microsoft 365 Automation Platform will be upgraded on Tuesday, November 23.
Why is this happening? This upgrade will allow for continued development and software support from the vendor until the end of 2024. This upgrade will also provide platform feature enhancements such as:
- Performance improvements through a simplified codebase
- Enhanced error handling and reduction via the exposure of new exception types
- Reduced overhead due to unification of shared resources
What is the impact? No impact is expected for the automation processes listed above. IST will closely monitor these automation processes after the upgrade to ensure no unexpected issues arise.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or 519-888-4567 ext. 44357.