Immigration - Employee

Foreign worker applications

Applications for work permits are processed through Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) either online, through a Visa Application Centre, through a IRCC Visa Processing Office or at a Port of Entry as you are entering Canada. Be sure to read thoroughly what you are responsible for when making such an application. The University of Waterloo will provide you with all of the required employer documentation to include with your application.

IRCC's website for working temporarily in Canada