Information for students

International students 

If you are an international student registered and enrolled at the University of Waterloo, we have many resources on campus if you are seeking support. 

For international students, Boon Khoo, Immigration Consulting Manager, and her team of immigration consultants at the Student Success Office (SSO) in South Campus Hall (SCH) handle all incoming and current student inquiries pertaining to temporary resident status in Canada including study permits, student work permits, and temporary resident visas.

If you are an international student at a post-secondary institution outside of Canada and are looking to visit or complete a placement here at Waterloo, please review our International Visiting Graduate Student (IVGS) program for more information and how to apply.