Dana Porter Library, Room 328
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 x32795
The following datasets all focus specifically on geospatial resources for Canada. More data for these areas may be available in the Grand River watershed, Regional Municipality of Waterloo, City of Toronto and Greater Toronto Area (G.T.A.), other Ontario cities, and Ontario sections. Select one of the links below to see detailed information for each dataset.
: indicates a resource that is available from the Geospatial Centre.
: indicates a resource that is available outside of the University of Waterloo.
: indicates a resource that is available from Scholars GeoPortal.
- DMTI CanMap streetfiles
- DMTI CanMap route logistics
- DMTI CanMap parks
- DMTI CanMap rail
- DMTI CanMap water
- DMTI CanMap enhanced points of interest (EPOI)
- DMTI digital elevation model
- Open Government Portal
- GeographyNetwork: ESRI Canada's portal
Geology and soil data
- Geological Survey of Canada: surficial geology
- Canadian Soil Information Service (CANSIS) National Soil Database
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Annual Crop Inventory
- Canada Land Inventory (CLI)
- Canada Land Use Monitoring Plan (CLUMP)
- Canadian Wind Energy Atlas
- Scholars GeoPortal
- DMTI postal code geography
- Elections Canada polling division boundaries
- Statistics Canada census boundaries:1971, 1981, 1986, 1991, 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016
- Statistics Canada census data: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 and 2016
- Open Building Data: Statistics Canada
- Climate dataset: daily 10 km grids