Welcome to the Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology at the University of Waterloo
The Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology is a catalyst for advancing bioengineering and biotechnology research and innovation through industry collaborations and partnerships.
More than 150 faculty members, from every faculty on campus, are actively engaged with the centre, working in collaboration to provide a resource of varying expertise.
Our mandate is to build healthy, active partnerships between centre researchers and corporate members through collaborative projects, mutual interest building, and networking events.
To learn more about partnerships, please email us.
The Centre for Bioengineering & Biotechnology (CBB) enables interdisciplinary research across the university to address global challenges in human health and help translate those research results rapidly into practice, policy and impactful health outcomes. Achieving this vision will help the University of Waterloo to cement an international reputation at the interface of technology and human health.
To achieve this vision, CBB's mission is to:
- Enable knowledge translation and support of the interdisciplinary research community through seminars, networking opportunities, and support of student groups
- Be a conduit to Waterloo's ecosystem of unique health related R&D and clinical resources
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders in technology, human, animal and environmental health and practice including industry, hospitals, community, and international bodies
- Provide Project Coordination/Management for large/inter-institutional projects
To become a member of CBB, you can start by filling out a quick survey. We will then be in touch to discuss further.
- Mar. 29, 2023Canada Biomedical Research Fund and Biosciences Research Infrastructure Fund (CBRF-BRIF)
Waterloo has the opportunity to apply for the Canada Biomedical Research Fund and Biosciences Research Infrastructure Fund (CBRF-BRIF). Expressions of Intent are being organized via the Strategic Health Initiatives office.
Information Session: Thursday March 30th, 2023 12 - 1 p.m. via Teams - contact Grace Gomashie at email@example.com
- Mar. 22, 2023Using AI to advance health care in Canada
How do we bridge machine learning with clinical decision making for better patient outcomes?
You are invited to the virtual health data seminar on Wednesday, March 22, from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm ET.
- Mar. 2, 2023Congratulations to the CBB Seed Funding recipients
- May 12 to July 28, 20232023 CBB NSERC CREATE Training in Global Biomedical Technology Research and Innovation Annual Summer School and Design Challenge
CBB's NSERC CREATE Training in Global Biomedical Technology Research and Innovation is hosting its Annual 2023 Summer School and Design Challenge this Spring term. Our trainees will be working in groups as they participate in the design challenge. Our theme this year is Designing Technologies for Improving Access to Healthcare.There will be several working sessions, lectures, and workshops throughout the term to support trainees as they complete the design challenge. Trainee groups will pitch their solutions on July 28, 2023 for the chance to win a cash prize!
- June 28, 2023Profs Present - Shaping The Environments That Shape Our Health: Can We Design Cities to Promote Adolescent Mental Health?
- June 29, 2023Games Institute-CBB Research Speed-dating & BBQ